Pros and cons of the new Shopify Customer Accounts
Considering a switch to the new Customer Accounts? Here are the main points to consider before you switch.
Today, Shopify announced “new” customer accounts available for all shops.
- passwordless login
- simplified account creation
- supports self-serve returns (available February 7)
- supports reordering (not yet available)
- No Liquid customizations (no custom styling, no additional fields, etc.)
- Does not work with apps (such as Helium Customer Fields, social login, or reordering apps)
- Does not support Multi-pass
Once self-serve returns and reordering are available, certain shops may simplify their store and save money on third-party apps by switching to new customer accounts.
Stores that collect additional data during customer registration or have personalized forms will likely want to maintain classic customer accounts (no action required).
Customer registration as unique as your store
Personalize your customer sign up process, and get the customer data you need to run your store.Get it on the Shopify App Store